Forum

ForumForumDiscussionsDiscussionsPersonal Memori...Personal Memori...Councillor Dennis Lawrence - where are you?Councillor Dennis Lawrence - where are you?
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/5/2007 5:53 PM

The Lime Kiln Centre was officially opened on 31 June 1973 by Councillor Dennis Lawrence.  He was Chairman of Cricklade and Wootton Bassett Rural District Council.

Councillor - are you out there?  Does anyone know what became of Councillor Dennis Lawrence?

We'd love to hear from you?  What are your memories of the day?
New Post
 1/20/2008 4:50 PM

Clearly web sites do work! 

In October 2007 I heard from a Jeremy Lawrence - he had found the web site.  His father, the late Councillor Dennis Lawrence, died on 16th May 1984.  I was able to send Jeremy a scan from a newspaper article in the Swindon Advertiser recording the opening of the Lime Kiln Centre.  

Jeremy now lives in Florida although he does return here occasionanly.  He was very pleased to receive the scan, he has very few documents that record any aspects of his fathers life.

The scan is in the pictures gallery - or will be when I get round to putting it up there. 

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumDiscussionsDiscussionsPersonal Memori...Personal Memori...Councillor Dennis Lawrence - where are you?Councillor Dennis Lawrence - where are you?